I have been hearing from a LOT of people about how they are feeling extra stressed and strangely “emotional” over the past few weeks. For example, little things they would have normally shrugged off seem to be causing more stress and frustration than usual.
Can you relate? I certainly can…
The stress of it all is adding up fast. I wanted to share with you a few simple things you can do to reduce your stress!
When you focus on the things outside of your control (like what’s happening in the world outside your house over the past couple months!), you are in REACTION mode.
That is not a fun place to be. It’s like you’re waiting for the next big problem to hit, so you are always on alert.
But when you shift your focus to the things you CAN control (like your daily habits, how you treat others, your immediate surroundings and your actions) – you move into a PROACTIVE mode. (this is called your Circle of Influence.) Staying in your “circle of influence” will help you alleviate so much stress!
Now, obviously if you’re feeling seriously stressed and anxious, you should talk to a professional for some guidance.
Here’s a quick Action Plan to help you stay inside your Circle of Influence:
- Stressed? If you’re feeling stressed, move yourself PHYSICALLY out of your environment. Don’t sit there watching the news or staring at your devices. Go for a walk, listen to music, workout, or meditate.
- Clear Your Mind. With all of the chaos, disorder and uncertainty, more than ever you need to be still, clear your mind, and think for YOURSELF. Meditate, breathe, do whatever works for you, but spend some time in daily in silence and breathe. (minimum of 5 minutes).
- WORKOUT. At LEAST 3-5 times a week. Enough said! Join our Live classes or videos on our website. Be creative but be safe if any equipment is involved if you don’t have weights etc.
- Media Detox: There’s a big difference between being informed and over-consuming the news. Be mindful of the amount of time you’re watching it. Learn what you need, and then shut it down.
- Gratitude: First thing in the morning and last thing before bed.
- Morning Ritual: Don’t skip it. Make sure you start your day with something that sets your day up for success!
- Get INSPIRED: Read books, watch inspiring videos, call people you love … do whatever you need to do to stay in a positive state.